Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Ant-Society presents: Bejing, Crack, Studs (1989)


Excerpts from The 90's Pilot Episode including home video from Tiananmen Square 1989 and Crack Smoking in New York.





1) "Beijing Journal" by Pat Keeton. Tiananmen Square 1989. Footage of a political uprising of students in China and a discussion of the process of revolt.

 2) "Crack Clouds Over Hell's Kitchen" by The Educational Video Center. Interview with crack addicts in New York City who actually demonstrate how to smoke crack onscreen and describe its effects as they feel them. "Five seconds ago I was real tired. Right now Ive got energy. I could get up from here now and walk to the moon... The reason why Im doing this interview is, Im tired of this place Manhattan and Im leaving right now. Im outta here. If anybody sees this tape and knows me, you know I tried, you know what I came from, you know what I used to be and Im going to get it again."


Wow,watching this vid takes me back to the late 80's and early 90's. Wonderful times in my life,but thats another story. A pretty good little documentary style vid. The interview with the crack addicts was especially revealing. Crack in the late 80's and early 90's was about at the same point,as far as its infiltration into society,as methamphetamine is today. Funny how each decade has its own drug, much like its own music and style.

No comments:

Post a Comment